Senior Backend Engineer
New York City or Remote
$150K-$170K & very competitive equity
Aavia is a women of color-led hormone health brand based in NYC, focused on helping our generation understand our ovarian hormones and how they impact how we feel throughout our cycle. From mood and mental health to sleep, skin, sex drive and more, Aavia helps you to make the best decisions for your body with an iOS app. Join us as a Senior Backend Engineer to inspire others to take control of their hormones.
As our Senior Backend Engineer, you will optimize existing code and develop new features on the Firebase cloud services that we are using. You will work closely with our team of developers to ensure the best possible user experience for our customers.
We are looking for self starters and motivated individuals who aspire to become the next CTO of Aavia.
Optimize existing TypeScript code on the Firebase cloud services to improve performance, scalability, memory usage and reduce cost
Develop new features using TypeScript and Node.js on the Firebase cloud services
Work with user health data to create prediction models on hormone cycles
Work with the development team to ensure code quality and maintainability
Troubleshoot and debug issues and crashes in existing code
Collaborate with our iOS engineers to ensure seamless integration of new features
Review pull requests
Lead peer coding sessions with other engineers. Willing and able to mentor junior developer
Stay up-to-date with the latest trends in TypeScript and Node.js development
Be able to join team onsite in person every quarter
- Full time, US based. Able to take early morning dev standup meetings (as early as 6 am if west coast)
- Exceptional skillsets in data science and math
- Strong knowledge with Firebase cloud services, including Firestore, Cloud Functions, and Cloud Storage
- Experience with optimization techniques and best practices for code
- Experience working with a large dataset
- Knowledge of agile development methodologies
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Good communication skills and ability to work well in a start up team environment
- Strong curiosity and willingness to learn
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience with integrating AI into product +++
- Experience using GCP ++
- Experience with HIPAA compliance +
- Knowledge about CI/CD pipelines and testing environments +
Who will you be working with?
Who will you report to?
Salome Tsiramua (Lead Developer)
What benefits will you be offered?