Fellowship Manager, Houston
About Activate Global
Activate empowers scientists to reinvent our world and address climate change by bringing their research to market. We partner with leading funders and research institutions—including a groundbreaking new partnership with the National Science Foundation—to offer the Activate Fellowship, providing the funding, technical support, networking, community, and time that scientists need at the outset of their entrepreneurial journey.
The results are game changing: Activate Fellows have launched 145 new companies since 2015. These companies have raised more than $1.3B in follow-on funding, created more than 1,800 U.S.-based high-tech jobs, reached scientific breakthroughs, and defined new market categories. Activate supports fellows in Berkeley, CA; Cambridge, MA; New York, NY; Houston, TX; and across the U.S. through Activate Anywhere.
Activate exists to create a better future, for all. In service of this purpose, we are building a foundation of equity and inclusivity across our business, including our operations, our fellowship, our partnerships, and our brand.
The Fellowship Manager will be responsible for the operations and program management of the Activate Houston fellowship community. This person will oversee execution and local customization of key fellowship elements including fellow selection, educational programming, and fellowship operations and evaluation.
The Fellowship Manager will report to the Managing Director of Activate Houston, and work closely with the Chief Fellowship Officer and a growing fellowship team.
- Oversee the fellow selection process for Activate Houston.
- Plan and execute the onboarding, education, and exit process for fellows in the Activate Houston Community.
- Manage fellowship operations, including program calendar, key meetings, information systems, and workflows for the Activate Houston team.
- Vet and chronicle local laboratory resources and access policies.
- Help plan, lead, and facilitate dynamic, interactive sessions between Activate Houston fellows and the broader Activate community.
- Direct Activate Houston fellows to internal and external resources.
- Collect and analyze data on the performance of the Activate Houston community, the fellows, and the fellows’ companies.
- Work with the Managing Director to cultivate a supportive and inclusive environment for the fellows.
- Help grow Activate’s emerging presence within the Houston and national innovation ecosystem.
The Ideal Candidate...
- Has a keen ability to collect, process, organize, and communicate complex information.
- Has a track record of successful program management in a dynamic and evolving work environment.
- Is able to quickly and seamlessly transition from working collaboratively as a member of a team to self-motivated individual contribution.
- Has exceptional communication, facilitation, and relationship skills, and can work productively with varied personalities.
- Believes in the power of science innovation to combat climate change and create a sustainable, resilient, equitable economy.
- Understands that innovation starts with people, not ideas.
- Mission oriented, passionate about solving global challenges and is relentless in clearing hurdles for our Fellows.
About The Role
This is a full-time position based in Houston, TX with a competitive salary and a comprehensive suite of benefit offerings.
Activate’s culture is built around the following values:
- We put people first through mutual support, respect, and continuous improvement
- We live in trust, acting with authenticity, integrity, and a presumption of good intention
- We appreciate experimentation, using data to improve, and accepting that failure and discomfort are necessary for growth
- We create value through connection and building community
- We are guided by intention and are purpose-driven to improve society
Activate Global, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status. We will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Encouraging Applications from All Backgrounds
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status. We will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Activate Global, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.