Quantum Software Engineer
Chicago, IL, USA
Posted on Tuesday, October 3, 2023
Remote or In-Person (Chicago, IL) About QBraidqBraid is a one-stop platform for accessing quantum software and hardware. We are building a cloud-based IDE that is highly optimized for quantum computing where applications in chemistry, travel optimization and others will be deployable by clients. Our mission is to provide an end-to-end experience for everyone and anyone in quantum, and by doing so, hope to accelerate the pace of the quantum computing revolution.The RoleYour work will focus on development of the , our Python toolkit for building and executing quantum programs. You will have a paramount role in this project, and be hands-on from day one helping us design, build, test, and deploy modules for quantum algorithms and applications. We are looking for engineers who are critical thinkers, analytical, and passionate about building practical solutions. You will also need to be flexible, adaptable, and a persistent problem-solver. Basic Qualifications
- BSc in Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, or relevant related discipline.
- Familiarity with quantum computing stack (applications, compilers, circuits, algorithms, pulses)
- Strong Python and object-oriented programming skills.
- Experience with high-level scientific programming frameworks in Python.
- Experience with one or more of the following open-source quantum software packages: Qiskit, Cirq, Amazon Braket, Pennylane, pyQuil.
- Experience with software engineering best practices: testing, continuous integration, version control, documentation, and code review.
- Self-motivated, and comfortable working both independently and collaboratively on complex projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- MSc or PhD in Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, or relevant related discipline.
- Expertise in software architecture development.
- Expertise in quantum computing, as demonstrated by in-field experience, extensive coursework, thesis, or peer-reviewed publications.
- Familiarity with NISQ algorithms (e.g. VQAs, QA, QAOA)
- Familiarity with OpenQASM
- Experience developing open-source software
- Familiarity with Node.js runtime environments and REST APIs