Field Service Technician
Soofa makes, installs and maintains solar powered, cell connected digital signage in urban environments. This role’s sole purpose is to ensure the uninterrupted operation of digital signage to enhance urban environments.If you enjoy working with your hands to repair machines and equipment and prefer to not be confined to a desk, keep reading!
We are looking for an experienced field professional who is able to translate their problem-solving skills into actionable solutions.You will work directly with our field operations team to regularly clean, maintain, and troubleshoot issues with Soofa Signs in the Boston area. Our ideal candidate is a friendly, hands-on problem solver who enjoys getting their hands dirty and figuring out how things work. You’ll work independently throughout the day in partnership with your manager to efficiently clean, maintain and repair our Soofa signs. You should be comfortable with some priorities shifting as you handle break-fix and projects as needed. No two days are the same!
This role is starting as a seasonal position, however has the ability to develop into a full time role based on performance. You will be working in a remote-flexible environment, that will require visiting sign sites in the field regularly - ability to travel to these field sites is required. Onboarding training will be provided to ensure full comprehension of our signs and how they function. All specialty tools needed will be provided by Soofa, you may be required to supply standard hand tools such as screwdrivers, a hammer, and a step ladder as needed.
Soofa is committed to building a diverse staff and strongly encourages BIPOC and minority applicants. Boston or Cambridge MA-area required. Learn more about Soofa's culture here
Soofa is the neighborhood news feed that connects a community with screens everyone can see and anyone can use. We're a woman-founded MIT startup with a mission to make cities smart, social, and sustainable.
- Perform and complete preventative maintenance, independently troubleshoot and repair signs onsite, and upgrade projects as needed within the office
- Regularly clean signs, perform repairs, part swaps, swap batteries remove snow off the solar panels and apply vinyl decals
- Maintain the exterior of Signs in the field: cleaning, rust removal and re-painting, and vinyl applications
- Record serial IDs, photograph sign updates, and log activities within our mobile app work order system, such as miles driven and time worked
- Provide timely communication to colleagues
- You may be required to lift up to 50 lbs; bend, kneel, push, pull and stand for hours at a time throughout the workday
- Work in indoor and outdoor environments with varying weather elements, including extreme weather conditions
- 3+ years of field maintenance experience or mechanical and/or electrical equipment repair; these include troubleshooting, replacing hardware parts and handling component/peripheral replacements
- 2+ experience with ticketing, work-order and or asset management software
- Ability to follow written and verbal guidelines or technical instructions
- Must be willing and able to visit site locations within the Greater Boston MA-area for this role
- Must be able to work a rotating schedule (this may occasionally include holidays/weekends on an emergency basis), with flexible start and end times
- Access to a reliable vehicle as this role requires driving in and around the Boston area
- Self- motivated, yet comfortable communicating with and coordinating remote work with others
- A meticulous, detail oriented worker; nothing delights you more than an updated organized task list
- Curious and driven, excited to learn the ins and outs of Soofa’s signs
- Has a solutions oriented mindset; big fan of puzzles
- Best of both worlds: Soofa’s Cambridge HQ is open, safe, and compliant for anyone who wants to use it; or, work from anywhere
- Potential to move to a full time position
- Virtual and in-person team events
- Company culture focused on community, inclusion, and talent development
Soofa is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, genetic information, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Soofa is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities, and general treatment during employment.