Fellowship Selection Intern
About Activate Global
Activate empowers scientists to reinvent our world and address climate change by bringing their research to market. We partner with leading funders and research institutions—including a groundbreaking new partnership with the National Science Foundation—to offer the Activate Fellowship, providing the funding, technical support, networking, community, and time that scientists need at the outset of their entrepreneurial journey.
The results are game changing: Activate Fellows have launched 106 new companies since 2015. These companies have raised more than $1.3B in follow-on funding, created more than 1,200 U.S.-based high-tech jobs, reached scientific breakthroughs, and defined new market categories. Activate supports fellows in Berkeley, CA; Cambridge, MA; New York, NY; and across the U.S. through Activate Anywhere.
Activate exists to create a better future, for all. In service of this purpose, we are building a foundation of equity and inclusivity across our business, including our operations, our fellowship, our partnerships, and our brand.
Activate is seeking a Fellowship Selection intern to join Activate’s Fellowship team to aid in our selection of our next cohort of fellows. The Fellowship Selection intern will work closely with the Fellowship Operations team members, as well as Fellowship Community team members in our 6 different communities. Under the Fellowship Operations Director, this intern will support the team to implement Activate’s new application tracking system, aid applicants as they submit their applications, and help to organize data related to the selection of Cohort 2024.
The Fellowship Selection Intern will work with the Fellowship team to implement our new fellowship application tracking system by:
- Organizing and analyzing information related to the Activate Fellow selection process.
- Documenting procedures and processes for our new application tracking system.
- Drafting and organizing application tracking system training materials for internal and external stakeholders.
- Monitoring and evaluating data using Activate’s systems and tools
- Researching and building Activate’s network of subject matter experts.
- Supporting the team in external and internal communications with applicants and stakeholders.
Core skills and competencies
- Has top-notch organizational skills and is highly detail-oriented
- Can multitask and manage several complex projects at once using project management software such as Asana
- Is comfortable with data management, including data visualization and analysis
- Is comfortable with data management systems and tools, such as Google Suite, Airtable, and/or Survey Monkey Apply
- Is a team player who is also able to accomplish tasks independently
- Comfortable working in a collaborative environment
- Is interested in supporting scientists to bring their tech to market to mitigate climate change
Physical Characteristics of Work Environment:
- Remote or office-based work environment
- Typing and computer usage throughout the day
Encouraging Applications from All Backgrounds
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status. We will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Activate Global, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Something looks off?