Fashion Inventory & Assortment Planner
Armoire is a fast-growing women's fashion rental startup with an immediate opening for an Inventory/Assortment Planner on the Merchandising Team. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who loves both product and getting into the numbers, has a natural curiosity about the business, works well in a less structured environment, has an entrepreneurial spirit, likes to drive results and wants the reward of taking the business to the next level. This will be a highly collaborative role with growth potential. You will be an integral part of the team by learning how to forecast rental demand and trends at an item level while maintaining top line demand and margin goals.
As the Planner you will be responsible for the entire lifecycle planning process from pre-season, to in-season and to post season planning and analysis, inventory management, performance reporting and curating the monthly assortment for the rental business. In addition, the Planner will help drive the team’s success by providing insight and analysis into detailed planning and merchandising KPIs. The right candidate will be detail oriented, analytical, and work well in a team environment. They must have strong communication skills, be extremely organized, and be able to work independently.
We are a highly collaborative team who has fun while we work together to ensure we delight our customers with every case. Our company promotes and rewards customer-focused behavior, entrepreneurial thinking, teamwork, integrity, and a passion for success. This role is critical to the growth of Armoire Style and will play an intricate role in the Merchandising org. as well as work closely with the Marketing, Operations, Product and Finance teams.
This position will report to the Chief Operations and Merchandising Officer.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to)
- Create pre-season, brand and item-level inventory, and merchandising plans that align with product rankings, merchandising strategies, and tops-down financial goals
- Manage the financial success of the business by maintaining healthy inventory levels.
- Build reporting to provide in-season and post-season analysis to identify successes and opportunities within owned assortment.
- Create and maintain accurate assortment plans and unit plans.
- Communicate changes to appropriate business partners on an on-going and timely basis.
- Run business reports, analyze data and make recommendations to improve performance. Ensure accurate and timely data entry and maintenance.
- Work closely with the product team to define requirements for optimal buying tools.
- Additional responsibilities may include:Manage existing vendor relationships.Negotiate exclusive offerings, terms, pricing, co-op, returns/swaps, etc.
What You Can Bring
- Bachelor’s degree, business/finance degree preferred.
- Minimum of 4 years of retail merchandise planning or buying experience
- Data driven, strong organizational skills and can pay high attention to detail
- Experience maintaining vendor relationships.
- Solid understanding of retail math and inventory planning
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Flexible and adaptive to changing priorities; ability to organize and prioritize workload
- Ability to build and maintain productive relationships with peers and cross-functional teams.
Compensation & Benefits
At Armoire, we believe work and life should fit together! We continue to build a culture of flexibility, to empower you to do your best and put yourself first. Benefits Include: Hybrid Work Schedule – 2 days at minimum in office, Unlimited Paid Time Off, Healthcare Plans, Equity Program, and more.