Credit Reporting Data Lead
Boom is on a mission to level the playing field for the 110+ million renters in the US by making housing more flexible, affordable, and rewarding. We’ve started by creating rent payment tools that enable renters to pay on the schedule they define and build credit in the process, currently serving thousands of renters. We are led by a team of second-time founders Rob Whiting (ex-BCG, Rubicon) and Kirill Moizik (Eco, Technion, Grubhub). It's backed by investors such as Starting Line, Clocktower Ventures, Gilgamesh Ventures (Petal co-founders), and angels such as William Hockey and Zach Perret (Co-founders of Plaid) who led Boom's pre-seed round (joined by Harry Stebbings and others from places like Cash App, Mint House, Landis, Party Round, and Redfin).
We are hiring a Credit Reporting Data Lead to serve as the company's senior-most credit data leader and primary contact for the the credit bureaus. This is a critical role that will help propel the company to our Series A. The Credit Reporting Data Lead will work closely with our product and operations teams to ensure Boom's core product, BoomReport (rental data reporting), operates at the highest level of speed and accuracy in the industry. In addition, you'll help us launch new credit-related products, serving as our primary point person for anything and everything credit related.
What you'll do
- Serve as the company's topic expert on credit reporting, verification processes, furnishment, Metro 2, and broader industry regulations
- Partner with the engineering team to ensure timely and accurate furnishment
- Lead all credit data integrity initiatives
- Serve as credit bureau point of contact, networking and staying in touch with key points of contact, potentially including occassional travel
- Lead both internal and external data and processes audits
- Stay abreast of credit bureau industry trends and regulations
- Work with our product team to provide input on new credit-related products
What you'll need
- 3+ years of experience working at one of the major credit bureaus (Experian, Equifax, TransUnion), preferrably in data acquisition, data operations, or data governance
- Strong network with relevant contacts at one or more of the credit bureaus
- Deep knowledge of Metro 2 file format, the CRRG, standard data and furnishment standards
- Detail orientation - have experience and are willing to get into detail (e.g. specific files, specific users), and not just expect to manage others to do so
- Ability to identify issues (e.g. in data, processes), and then build systems and processes to resolve them, for example creating special initiatives with support of 1-2 FTEs
- Bonus: experience inferfacing with technical teams and products
- Bonus: experience in fintech or proptech
Benefits of working at Boom
- Competitive salary with stock options
- Full healthcare coverage (health, dental, vision) including 50% coverage for dependents
- 15 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) per year + 5 sick days + all US federal holidays (11 in total) (note: we think unlimited PTO is BS and causes some employees to feel guilty when they take it)
- Company-issued laptop
- Regular off-sites, retreats, and other company-sponsored events and travel opportunities
How to apply
Apply on Angelist and send a quick paragraph addressed to Rob and Chris as to why you're interested and qualified.
Something looks off?