Marketing Channel Manager - Affiliate
Boom is on a mission to level the playing field for the 110+ million renters in the US by making housing more flexible, affordable, and rewarding. We’ve started by building an app to help renters build credit with their largest monthly expense: the rent payment. We are led by a team of second-time founders Rob Whiting (ex-BCG, Rubicon) and Kirill Moizik (Eco, Technion, Grubhub). It's backed by investors such as Starting Line, Clocktower Ventures, Gilgamesh Ventures (Petal co-founders), and angels such as William Hockey and Zach Perret (Co-founders of Plaid) who led Boom's pre-seed round (joined by Harry Stebbings and others from places like Cash App, Mint House, Landis, Party Round, and Redfin).
We're seeking an experienced Marketing Channel Manager - Affiliate, to join our nascent growth team. We have organically built a meaningful affiliate growth channel which drives a double digit percentage of our paying users. There are several exciting things about this role. First, it's an existing channel that is already working but can be done way bigger and better. Secondly, you're early on the growth team, so you'll help shape the teams strategy and processes. And lastly, in this role, you'll be reporting to Dan Sinner, who previous led growth at Happy Money, a unicorn consumer fintech company. Role is strongly preferred to be in Austin, TX, where our leadership team is based, but we can be flexible in exceptional cases. If you're intersted to help us scale from Seed to Series A and beyond, reach out.
What you'll do
- Develop and execute affiliate marketing strategies to meet or exceed revenue targets
- Manage and optimize relationships with existing affiliates (e.g. recurring updates, incentives for top performers)
- Recruit new affiliates to the program (and define the strategies to do so)
- Monitor and analyze affiliate program performance and provide regular reporting to senior management
- Help establish and shape the culture of Boom's growth team
What you'll need
- At least 3 years of experience in affiliate marketing, preferably at a consumer company (consumer fintech is a bonus)
- Track record of driving revenue growth through affiliate marketing programs (i.e. you're able to share concrete numbers about your impact)
- Excellent written and verbal communications skiils, with past experience interacting directly with affiliates/influencers
- Strong analytical skills, experience generating reports in tool such as Redash, Tableau, etc.
- Ownership mindset and comfort operating in an ambiguous environment
- Bonus: Experience with affiliate marketing platforms and tools, such as AdBloom or Commission Junction
Benefits of working at Boom
- Competitive salary with stock options
- US employees: Full healthcare coverage (health, dental, vision) including 50% coverage for dependents
- 15 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) per year + 5 sick days + all US federal holidays (11 in total) (note: we think unlimited PTO is BS and causes some employees to feel guilty when they take it)
- Company-issued laptop/MacBook
- Company-sponsored training & development
- Regular off-sites and other company-sponsored travel opportunities
How to apply
Apply on Angelist and include a quick paragraph addressed to Rob as to why you're interested / qualified.
Something looks off?