Venture Intern - Product (Social Media & AI)
Boom is on a mission to level the playing field for the 110+ million renters in the US by making housing more flexible, affordable, and rewarding. We’ve started by building an app to help renters build credit with their largest monthly expense: the rent payment. We are led by a team of second-time founders Rob Whiting (ex-BCG, Rubicon) and Kirill Moizik (Eco, Technion, Grubhub). It's backed by investors such as Starting Line, Clocktower Ventures, Gilgamesh Ventures (Petal co-founders), and angels such as William Hockey and Zach Perret (Co-founders of Plaid) who led Boom's pre-seed round (joined by Harry Stebbings and others from places like Cash App, Mint House, Landis, Party Round, and Redfin).
Boom has social media assets that have meaningful opportunity for optimization and value extraction. We're seeking a part-time intern for the Venture Intern - Product (Social Media & AI) role who can wear both a product and growth hat to help us integrate these into our core product and make them an even more meaningful part of the business. You'll work with the CEO, Head of Growth, and engineering team. We're based in Austin, TX, but remote is fine. We estimate hours will be 10-20 hours/week for 3-10 weeks depeneding on how we scope it. Quick note: this role is not great if you're looking to make a lot of money in your internship (we offer only a very small stipend); rather, it's a great role if you want to work with real users, with real tech and apply AI with the goal of driving user acquisition, revenue and operational cost savings.
What you'll do
- Survey AI / social media tooling
- Optimize and automate community moderation of our social media channels (goals to reduce workload, improve ratings, etc.)
- Identify creative ways to monetize / drive user acquisition from our social media channels in light lift ways
- Establish reporting processes, identify impact and iterate on approach
- (If time) Explore additional applications of AI across our business's external presence
What you'll need
- At least 1-2 years of work experience, preferably at/in an early stage venture, management consulting, or your own business/side hustle
- Technical background and/or experience with AI tools (e.g. ChatGPT) is strongly preferred
- Some no-code and operations generalist aptitude - e.g. working with Figma, Webflow, Typeform, etc.
- Entrepreneurial mindset, able to work self sufficiently
- (Bonus) Experience with Facebook / Meta Business Suite
Benefits of working at Boom
- De-risked way to jump into fintech and real estate tech and grow your network
- Flexible schedule
- Entrepreneurial, fun, and supportive culture
- Get a recommendation letter or reference for what you do next
How to apply
Apply on Angelist and include a quick paragraph addressed to Rob as to why you're interested / qualified.
Something looks off?