People Business Partner (HRBP)
People Business Partner
Mori (formerly known as Cambridge Crops) is a fast-paced anti-food waste Series B startup on a mission to create “More Food, Less Waste”, by transforming the food, agriculture, and packaging industries. Leveraging the unique properties of a naturally derived silk protein, Mori creates an all-natural food ingredient and coating which slows down the spoiling process of perishable foods. With Mori Silk, we can fundamentally change the food system by reducing our reliance on plastic packaging, reducing food and packaging waste, and increasing efficiency across the supply chain. We are a team of passionate people who never stop learning, embody community spirit and believe in our collective ability to have a positive impact on the world by delivering on our mission.
About the Role
Mori is looking for an experienced People Business Partner to help us build and execute on our People strategy through expert mentorship and innovative initiatives to support and empower our people across every stage of the employee lifecycle.
You will report directly to our Head of People and will be the 3rd member of our growing People team. You will support Mori’s 85+ employees across multiple locations as we continue to scale the business and grow the team. The majority of our team is Charlestown-based in lab or plant roles and as such this position will need to be on site 3-5 days/week in our Hood Park office, with an expected average of 4 days/week onsite. We offer flexible working hours for in office days to offset commuting time. Currently we also have locations in DC, California, Arizona and Mexico City as well as a small group of remote employees.
What You Will Do
• Provide strategic People consulting and support to our business units with a focus on alignment of organizational and people strategy
• Leverage People leadership’s subject matter expertise and data in the formulation, recommendation, and deployment of innovative and creative solutions that combine strategic sense with tactical execution
• Implement and support ongoing core People processes across client groups (such as performance management, feedback loops, talent development and employee relations)
• Manage ad hoc projects to deliver customized solutions that provide value to the business
• Collaborate with the Head of People on development of People strategy, processes and policies, and strategic frameworks to understand and address business challenges
Who You Are
• People-Focused - you motivate and elevate others with empathy and compassion through a continuous focus on the employee and manager experience
• Growth & Impact Mindset - you seek out and enjoy new challenges that stretch you while constantly identifying ways to create real value for your internal customers
• Proactive Problem Solver - experienced in using data and analytics to identify business insights and inform, influence and drive decisions, while balancing the human experience and considering multiple perspectives
• Integrated Thinker - you can navigate ambiguity to see the big picture while simultaneously driving incremental changes with a systematic approach
• Change Agent - experience in project or change management including designing and delivering cultural and organizational change projects to improve organizational efficiency and experience
What You’ll Bring
• Bachelor's Degree or military experience with 5+ years of HR experience, or 7+ years of HR experience
• 3+ years hands on experience delivering interventions across a range of HR activities such as performance management, talent acquisition, learning and development, and building teams to enable high performance
• Passion for Mori’s mission of “More Food, Less Waste”
• Experience working in startup or high growth companies
• Experience working in food, agriculture or life sciences