Posted on Wednesday, November 24, 2021
Smarking is a leading provider of enterprise software and data technology solutions for the massively overlooked $655B global parking industry.
This is an excellent position for a highly capable and successful product professional who's ready to take on bigger responsibilities and a leap of faith, to not only execute on user research, product design, product management, but also lead and build the product practice at Smarking and level up the company for the next stage of growth. The Product Lead will report directly to the CEO.
- Lead and execute hands on full-cycle product work: user research, product roadmap construction, product design, basic UI/UX design, coordination with engineers, sprint management, product release, user feedback collection, product refinement etc.
- Build a professional and scalable process for continued product development and improvement, directing full-cycle product work.
- Establish product analytics for the measurement & improvement of: product value, product performance, and user experience.
- Lead and execute exploration work under new product initiatives and contribute to high level strategy when needed.
- Help create a product oriented culture.
- Passionate about delivering value to customers by building great products and solving complex problems.
- 5+ years hands on experience in building awesome software products; strong ability in user research, product design, and basic UI/UX design.
- Outstanding experience leading product work and product team; strong ability in working both cross-functionally and as a function leader.
- Outstanding experience working with ambiguity and uncertainty; hungry for responsibilities and impact, strong sense of ownership, execution & results oriented.
- Big pluses: startup working experience, enterprise product working experience, and great interest in solving the parking problem.
- Passionate about making customer-loving products
- Hungry for responsibility, impact, and growth
- Humble to learn, curious to learn, open-minded to learn
- Team player
- Strong sense of ownership
- Treat others with respect, empathy, and constructive candor
- Passion in urban mobility, commercial real estate/prop tech, government tech, parking, and relevant domains is a plus
- Competitive salary and stock options.
- 100% coverage of medical, dental, and vision insurances.
- 401K plan with 3% company hard match.
- $100 monthly data plan.
- $60 monthly health subsidiary.
- Unlimited paid time off.
- Expenses for setting up home-office.
Smarking is a group of passionate MIT PhDs, data scientists, Silicon Valley engineers, and battle-tested business professionals, committed to enable highly efficient urban mobility by building the digital infrastructure for the massively overlooked $655B parking industry ($131B in the US).
Smarking is hired by organizations like Brookfield Properties, City of Miami, ABM Industry Groups, and many other enterprise industry leaders to turn their parking data into business results. Smarking's dynamic pricing engine has been creating 40%-400% revenue uplift for online parking sales at parking facilities in Chicago, NYC, Boston, and many other cities, without any manual involvement required from property managers, leveraging fully automatic algorithm-driven yield management technologies similar to the airline and hotel industries.
By providing the very first business intelligence and yield management enterprise SaaS to the parking industry, Smarking is establishing itself as an emerging leader in the US parking market. Smarking currently works with 2,500+ parking locations cross North America, based in San Francisco, and backed by top investors like Khosla Ventures and Y Combinator.