Business Development Representative - Media Sales
Soofa is the ultimate outdoor advertising and smart city communication platform. We market our innovative solar-powered digital kiosks to cities and advertisers. We’re MIT- and women-founded, committed to diverse voices in the tech world and an inclusive work environment, pursuing a mission to make every city smart, social and sustainable.
We are looking for our next BDR to grow the digital media side of Soofa’s business and seek out new opportunities for private-public partnerships. Your day-to-day will include prospecting, booking appointments, and creating Sales Qualified Opportunities, as well as qualifying inbound leads from marketing campaigns. Media Sales BDRs will be selling digital and static media on our placed-based OOH Soofa Signs, working directly with our Account Executives to get on-the-job coaching. This role would be ideal for people who are passionate about collaborating in a team-oriented space, diving deep on researching the best company and person for our team to connect with, and designing targeted advertising campaigns for local, regional, and national brands.
This is a great role for a recent graduate, someone who is newer to the tech or business world, or someone looking to make a career change into sales.
Soofa is committed to building a diverse staff and strongly encourages BIPOC and minority applicants. Remote applicants (U.S.-based only) welcome.
Soofa is for people with a shared stake in a special place. Learn more about Soofa culture here.
- Prospect new media clients through a high volume of outreach across multiple channels
- Build prospecting lists across various verticals, industries, and titles
- Qualify leads from marketing campaigns as sales opportunities
- Proactively seek new business opportunities in the market
- Set up meetings or calls between prospective clients and Account Executives
- Provide feedback to leadership team on market activity and related learnings
- Driven self-starter who is excited to help our business grow exponentially
- A persuasive and empathetic communicator with well-developed phone/written communication skills
- Familiar with metrics-driven approach to success
- Working knowledge of social media platforms and tools
- Excited to educate others on Soofa's cutting-edge technology
- Drive for continuous improvement
- A warm listener with a passion for learning about people, businesses, and communities
- Able to navigate objections and willing to build something new
- Curious, driven, excellent at time management, and coachable
Bonus Points For
- Sales experience
- Knowledge of the out-of-home or smart cities industry
- Best of both worlds: Soofa’s Cambridge HQ is open, safe, and compliant for anyone who wants to use it; or, work from anywhere
- Free short- and long-term disability and life insurance
- Generous healthcare, dental, and vision plans
- Paid family time and parental leave
- Flexible PTO
- Dog-friendly office
- Virtual and in-person team events
- Company culture focused on talent development and caring personally
Soofa is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, genetic information, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Soofa is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities, and general treatment during employment.