Account Executive, City Growth
Soofa is the neighborhood news feed that connects a community with screens everyone can see and anyone can use. We're a woman-founded MIT startup on a mission to make cities smart, social, and sustainable.
The City Growth Account Executive will acquire new customers and expand upon existing City customers across the United States. This is a closing role, responsible for building relationships with and selling to municipal stakeholders such as Mayors, City Managers, Economic Development Directors, Communications Managers, and Transit leaders. Soofa is seeking an account executive who will successfully show how our signs can benefit both governments and pedestrians alike!
As the Account Executive position draws on a range of government, sales, and strategic partnerships skills, the ideal candidate will have experience working with municipalities or experience selling technology/services into governments. However, applicants with other relevant backgrounds and who are passionate about working with cities to become more sustainable and communication-friendly will also be a great fit for this role!
Success is measured by hitting and exceeding quarterly sales goals, consistently managing an opportunity pipeline, becoming an expert on municipal purchasing processes and leading a complex, strategic sales cycle with multiple city stakeholders.
Soofa is committed to building a diverse staff and strongly encourages BIPOC and minority applicants. Remote applicants (U.S.-based only) welcome. Learn more about Soofa's culture here.
- Lead discovery and pitch meetings with prospective city growth customers
- Meticulously maintain an opportunity pipeline within your geographic region, regularly checking in with prospective customers and always understanding the next steps to close the deal
- Identify new municipal and private landowners who could benefit from Soofa Signs
- Collaborate cross-functionally with internal teams including operations, marketing, product and media sales to help maintain client timelines and move deals forward
- Regularly report pipeline/deal progress and closes to senior leadership
- Negotiate contract terms, pricing, procurement and timeline in collaboration with and approval from senior leadership
- Achieve quarterly sales targets
- Provide input and thought-leadership on City outreach strategy
- 2-3+ years of government, city planning, or full-cycle sales experience
- Experience with strategic or enterprise deals with 6+ month sales cycles
- Proven ability to achieve and exceed quotas and goals
- Experience selling in the government sector, to municipalities, or related landowners (preferred)
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills
- Transitions well from working independently to collaborating with a team
- Able to multitask between shifting internal and external priorities
- Highly coachable and seeks improvement/feedback
- Great relationship builder with a high “EQ”
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Confident speaker in front of high-level decision makers
- Someone who “thinks on their feet” and proactively solves problems creatively and collaboratively
- Excited by trying new things and daily learning
Bonus Points For
- Prior success in a startup environment
- Strong existing relationships in government or municipal sectors
- Knowledge of city planning, municipal purchasing, or local politics
- A post-secondary degree in urban planning, government, political science, or law
- Best of both worlds: Soofa’s Cambridge HQ is open, safe, and compliant for anyone who wants to use it; or, work from anywhere
- Free short- and long-term disability and life insurance
- Generous healthcare, dental, and vision plans
- Paid family time and parental leave
- Flexible PTO
- Dog-friendly office
- Virtual and in-person team events
- Company culture focused on talent development and caring personally
Soofa is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, genetic information, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Soofa is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities, and general treatment during employment.