Account Executive, City Growth
Our City Growth Account Executive will acquire new customers and expand upon existing City customers across the United States. This is a closing role, responsible for building relationships with and selling to municipal stakeholders such as Mayors, City Managers, Economic Development Directors, Communications Managers, and Transit leaders. Soofa is seeking an account executive who will successfully show how our signs can benefit both governments and pedestrians alike!
As the Account Executive position draws on a range of government, sales, and strategic partnerships skills, the ideal candidate will have experience working with municipalities or experience selling technology/services into governments. However, applicants with other relevant backgrounds and who are passionate about working with cities to become more sustainable and communication-friendly will also be a great fit for this role!
Success is measured by hitting and exceeding quarterly sales goals, consistently managing an opportunity pipeline, becoming an expert on municipal purchasing processes and leading a complex, strategic sales cycle with multiple city stakeholders.
Soofa is the neighborhood news feed that connects a community with screens everyone can see and anyone can use. We're a woman-founded MIT startup on a mission to make cities smart, social, and sustainable.
Soofa is committed to building a diverse staff and strongly encourages BIPOC and minority applicants. Remote applicants (U.S.-based only) welcome. Learn more about Soofa's culture here.
- Lead discovery and pitch meetings with prospective city growth customers
- Meticulously maintain an opportunity pipeline within your geographic region, regularly checking in with prospective customers and always understanding the next steps to close the deal
- Identify new municipal and private landowners who could benefit from Soofa Signs
- Collaborate cross-functionally with internal teams including operations, marketing, product and media sales to help maintain client timelines and move deals forward
- Regularly report pipeline/deal progress and closes to senior leadership
- Negotiate contract terms, pricing, procurement and timeline in collaboration with and approval from senior leadership
- Achieve quarterly sales targets
- Provide input and thought-leadership on City outreach strategy