The Engine Accelerator
Software Engineering, Sales & Business Development
Cambridge, MA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, January 23, 2024
About The Engine
As a public benefit corporation, The Engine Accelerator supports Tough Tech teams who are working to solve the world’s toughest challenges. We curate comprehensive startup programs, provide access to specialized infrastructure including labs, equipment, tools, and workspace and convene the ecosystem necessary to build transformative technologies from idea to impact.
What is the Development Director?
The Engine is looking for an experienced and entrepreneurial Development Director to support our soon-to-be newly launched 501(c)(3). The ideal candidate has closed strategically-important and financially-meaningful transactions in a growing organization; has experience working with a diverse group of corporate and philanthropic donors; has worked in a fast-paced, team environment. This is a new role for our organization and you will be building our fundraising and business development capabilities.
The position reports to the President and has responsibilities for development activities including building The Engine Network.
List of Responsibilities
- Develop and implement a comprehensive fundraising strategy aligned with The Engine’s goals and objectives
- Collaborate with other departments to align fundraising efforts with organizational objectives
- Identify and cultivate relationships with potential donors, sponsors, and partners
- Communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders about the organization's mission and needs
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to tailor proposals that meet the unique needs and objectives of each prospect
- Work with the team on identifying corporate partners and individuals in support of our events and programs including the Annual Tough Tech Summit
- Develop and implement donor stewardship programs to recognize and engage donors
- Plan and execute events, campaigns, and initiatives to attract sponsors and support
- Work closely with finance and leadership teams to develop and manage the fundraising budget
- Develop a broad network of external corporate partners, individual experts, co-investors, and others to enhance The Engine Network
- Stay informed about industry trends, best practices, and emerging opportunities in fundraising and development
- Manage the grant application process, ensuring compliance with deadlines and reporting requirements
Job Qualifications & Requirements
- Motivated by The Engine’s mission to enable tough tech entrepreneurs to create world-changing companies
- Minimum 7 years of development experience with increasing levels of responsibility
- Proven track record of success with reaching a diverse range of donors, sponsors, and partners
- Curious and comfortable with diverse engineering and scientific disciplines
- Strong verbal and interpersonal skills
- Has the ability to clearly communicate with a variety of people (e.g. corporate partners, founders, and other stakeholders)
- Significant network and excellent reputation
- Highly adaptable and excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong leadership and project management skills