Director of Software Engineering
Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, November 22, 2022
VideaHealth is on the mission to improve the lives of billions of people around the globe. We do this by bringing Artificial Intelligence powered solutions to the world of dentistry.
Our MIT & Harvard research has shown that dentists miss up to 50% of dental diseases, leading to delayed treatments and significant health risks. We are changing this. Spun out of MIT, we are a team of business operators, engineers, AI scientists, and clinicians bringing AI-powered software to dentists and insurance. VideaHealth’s solutions are already used by many leading Dental Chains and Insurers to improve the quality of care through better diagnoses, lower operating costs, and improved patient understanding. We are supported by some of the best investors in the world, having raised over $26M in Venture Capital from Tier 1 investors such as Spark Capital (Twitter, SnapChat, SmileDirectClub), Zetta Venture (Kaggle) and Pillar VC (PathAI), as well as angel investors such as Frederic Kerrest (Co-founder of Okta). Our work has been featured in TechCrunch, Wall Street Journal, and many other outlets. We are looking for ambitious, collaborative self-starters to join us in making an impact on this world!
About the Position:
- As the Director of Software Engineering, you will be responsible for leading the efforts of the software team as it strives to create value for our customers. The position demands excellent technical skills and knowledge coupled with strong leadership, communication, planning, and management abilities.
- You will execute ambitious milestones, manage, mentor, and continue to build the team as we grow. You will work with the VP of Engineering, CEO, Product, and Machine learning teams, as well as other stakeholders, to deliver on product and company strategy.
- This is an excellent opportunity to gain or deepen your experience in delivering value created by artificial intelligence and machine learning to our customers through our SaaS systems.
- You will lead the technical design, development, deployment, and operations of our platform and products. These are incorporated into the dental practice workflow for detecting dental conditions from x-ray images and into the operations of insurance companies. This will include exciting collaborations with engineers, physicians, and regulatory bodies (FDA).
- You will be able to collaborate directly with our executive team and learn from company advisors who have extensive experience in medical imaging and getting AI systems through FDA clearance.
- We are looking for an individual to take the initiative and take proactive responsibilities, and play a key role in building a great company from an early stage.
- Minimum of 3 years managing a team of at least ten engineers at a start-up
- Minimum of 6 years of hands-on experience architecting and building customer-centric SaaS platforms and large-scale data processing infrastructure
- Familiarity with NodeJS, building REST APIs, SQL, MongoDB, Docker, AWS, Linux/UNIX
- Strong understanding and opinions on engineering software processes, team and maturity metrics, life-cycle methodology, CICD, test automation, and reliability management
- Leadership, strong communication, and collaboration skills
- Proactive, ambitious, and fast learner
- Clear track record of successful team building
Our Company Values
• We are ambitious in our mission. We want to bring better health to millions of people globally by changing dentistry through AI.
• This is more than a job: We are motivated by our responsibility to patients and customers.
• We are selfless in the pursuit of our collective mission, balancing and prioritizing company goals ahead of individual goals when necessary to ensure company success.
• We adapt, persevere, and finesse our way through roadblocks and find a way to continue moving forward.
Championship Team Mentality:
• We support each other on our journey forward, and actively look for ways to collaborate and learn from each other to help our customers overcome their challenges while building an exceptional team and productive environment.
• Feedback is a gift: We motivate each other to do our best work and give, receive and welcome constructive feedback with positive intent.
• We are drivers and not passengers: Regardless of our job descriptions we observe what needs to be done and spring to action.
• We celebrate our successes and learn from our mistakes as a team.
Strive for Excellence:
• We strive for excellence in what we do: We act with a sense of urgency, with high standards, and constantly learn.
• We have a sense of urgency. If something can benefit from action now, it should be done promptly
• We keep ourselves to a high standard of working smart, perfecting our craft, and driving hard while balancing this out for individual long-term resilience.
• We have a growth mindset as individuals and as a team, we think about how can we do something better or faster and how can we learn.
Pay Range: $85,000 - $200,000
See more open positions at VideaHealth
Something looks off?