Senior Software Engineer, Platform
Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Thursday, February 1, 2024
VideaHealth is a cutting-edge AI-powered solution for dentistry, developed by a team of seasoned leaders, engineers, AI scientists, and clinicians spun out of MIT. Our vision is to be the first company to diagnose a billion people globally. Our product is already used by thousands of dental clinicians to improve the quality of care through faster diagnoses, increase operating efficiencies, and improved patient understanding.
About the position:
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our growing team. In this role you will have the opportunity to build foundational systems, have meaningful influence on the evolution of the technology while helping us achieve our goal of improving the dental health of millions of people. As a full stack engineer on our platform team you will focus on creating platform services to enable our expanding array of industry-revolutionizing application and machine-learning capabilities.
This is an exciting opportunity to join VideaHealth as an early key member of our software engineering team to develop secure, scalable and reliable SaaS systems.
What You'll Do:
- Build strong relationships by being a collaborative and dependable teammate across the software and machine learning teams as well as other key organizational stakeholders.
- Create value by working on the most critical efforts at Videa.
- Champion pragmatism and help the organization on its quest to constantly improve.
- Communicate effectively and efficiently by understanding your audience.
- Scale data ingestion and processing pipeline for high throughput – ingress of over a million x-ray images per day!
- Collaborate with teammates to design, build, automate testing of and support REST services at the application, identity, data pipeline/storage and machine learning layers.
- Extend existing Data Lake capabilities to store and query petabytes of binary and textual data and the associated metadata, systematically arranged in S3, RDBMS, and NoSQL databases.
- Invent the future of deploying versioned machine learning models at scale.
- Advance our platform’s deployment automation capabilities.
- Enable platform to agilely support complex interactions with our customers’ and partners’ technology.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field with a keen interest in all things distributed.
- At least 4 years of experience building complex (secure, reliable, distributed and scalable) SaaS systems on AWS
- Experience with automated deployment tooling (CDK, Terraform, etc.)
- At least 4 years of experience Node.js or Python backend services.
- Experience with complex SQL/NoSQL database designs. Well-versed with schema normalizations and query optimization.
- A passion to utilize your skills to improve the world by positively impacting people's health!
Bonus Points For:
- Experience in implementing workflows, e.g., Apache Airflow, Luigi, etc.
- Experience working in a Docker-first environment with Kubernetes or AWS-ECS
- Exposure to building front-end code in React or Angular
- Experience with Identity-as-a-Service providers (Auth0, OKTA, AWS Cognito, etc.)
- Hands-on experience in building well-crafted APIs that make the front-end developers smile!
What We Offer:
- Fast paced and collaborative work culture in which you can gain experience, grow your technical skills and work on a wide variety of challenges over your time with us
- A team led by a VP of Engineering who spent the first half of his career as an engineer who understands what engineers need to thrive and whose mission is for Videa to be the best team you'll ever join.
- Competitive pay, equity and benefits.
- Agile organization where being senior translates to being a mentor and role model for others. We lead by example.
- Technical challenges on the leading edge of innovation where software and machine learning
Don’t meet all the listed requirements? We still encourage you to apply! We are looking for the right teammate who is excited to contribute to our mission and are flexible on level of experience.
VideaHealth is supported by some of the best investors in the world, having raised over $27M in Venture Capital from Tier 1 investors such as Spark Capital (Twitter, SnapChat, SmileDirectClub), Zetta Venture (Kaggle), and Pillar VC (PillPack), as well as angel investors such as Frederic Kerrest (Co-founder of Okta). Our work has been featured in TechCrunch, Wall Street Journal, and many other outlets.
If you want to join a breakthrough healthtech company and help accelerate its impact and growth, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity!
Pay Range: $85,000 - $200,000