Product Manager (Genomics/NGS Applications)
Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, October 11, 2023
Volta Labs is an MIT spin-off that has unlocked powerful new DNA sequencing capabilities by developing novel fluidic technology. Building off of this core technology, Volta has created a product that streamlines DNA sequencing sample prep. Volta is at the forefront of a sequencing revolution, driving sequencing towards seamless ease of use and complete automation.
We are a product and data-driven company where employees are empowered to learn and thrive in a fast-paced, open, and collaborative environment. This is an exciting phase to join Volta; with commercialization imminent, our product has the potential to change the future of sequencing.
You'll join a team of innovative thinkers who aren't afraid to venture into new territories to build advanced automation systems. We are an incredibly supportive group that enjoys collaborating to overcome challenges and provide constructive feedback to help each other grow. We are passionate about pushing the boundaries of automation, biology, computing, robotics, design, and user experience to benefit our customers. As a core member of our team, you'll instill these values across the organization and play an integral role in helping grow the team. Join us if you want to make a meaningful impact on the future of technology while being part of a thoughtful, driven team.
Reporting to the Commercial Strategy, working closely with other members of the Commercial Team, Product Development, Marketing and Operations, the Product Manager will participate in Product conceptualization, commercialization and lifecycle management. Volta Labs is building a suite of genomics applications for its disruptive digital fluidics sample prep automation platform. We are seeking an energetic and self-motivated Product Manager with a comprehensive knowledge of genomics sample prep applications and sequencing technologies and a proven track record of bringing relevant products to market.
- Work with Commercial Leadership and Product Management to develop and manage (as appropriate) strategic, multi-channel marketing plans, marketing initiatives and budgets, launch campaigns and launch packages.
- Develop and maintain the company's calendar of marketing activities.
- Execute marketing and launch campaigns to achieve measurable results for new and/or existing products.
- Help provide oversight and maintain brand standards and tone across the company, all aspects of the product portfolio, and all marketing and communication channels and tools.
- Work with Product Management and external parties (contractors, agencies, etc.) to develop copy and creative content for NGS and genomics markets. Project manage the creation of digital and print collateral, customer-facing presentations, training and promotional materials, tradeshow and marketing assets.
- Manage the company website, working with internal stakeholders and contributors on content development and management, and contractors/service providers as needed.
- Create and manage social media content to drive traffic and engagement. Manage and provide oversight over social media channels and posts.
- Manage the tradeshow/webinar calendar. Work with the internal team and external parties to plan and execute arrangements for events, including on-site support.
- Support media relations and press releases.
- Manage brand and marketing assets, materials and files.
- Provide support for all internal branding and marketing activites.
- Define and analyze KPIs and provide recommendations and strategies to improve performance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors' degree in marketing or an equivalent
- 3+ years' experience in the genomics/life sciences industry with similar responsibilities as required for this position.
- Digital marketing experience (websites, SEO, social media) is a must.
- Deep understanding of effective marketing strategies, tactics and tools appropriate for the RUO genomics/life science market.
- Very strong customer focus
- Excellent verbal and written English communication and copywriting skills
- Ability to implement creative direction; good eye for design
- Ability to multi-task, drive schedules and achieve results
- Self-motivated and highly organized
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Highly collaborative and able to work well within multidisciplinary teams.
- Thrives in a fast-paced team environment, proactive team player who thinks ahead, plans, and focuses on solutions rather than problems
- Continuous learner with a growth mindset.
- Embraces Volta’s Operating Principles
- Ability to travel up to 20% of time
**Please do not apply if you don't have Product Managment experience in Genomics/NGS applications**
This is a full-time position that requires a significant amount of in-person work and collaboration. We ask that you can come onsite to our Seaport Office in Boston, MA 5 days a week.
Our Benefits and Perks:
Robust Equity Program, to build future wealth through stock options with high growth potential
Comprehensive Healthcare Coverage, including Medical, Dental, & Vision
HSA, FSA, and Sponsored Commuter Benefit Plans
Access to Our 401K Plan, to save for your future
12 Weeks of Paid Parental Leave, which can be taken over 12 months
Unlimited Paid Time Off, because we understand the importance of time off for rest and adventure
10 Paid Federal Holidays
Twice Weekly On-site Lunches, variety snacks, beverages, & treats
Weekly Paid Coffee Date with Colleague
Monthly Team Happy Hours
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, and we actively seek out and value diverse perspectives. Women, people of color, people who are differently abled, and members of the LGBTQ+ community are encouraged to apply. Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of bio-automation!