Marketing & Communications
Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Saturday, December 2, 2023
Volta Labs is building a suite of genomics applications for our first-of-its-kind digital fluidics sample prep automation platform. Our technology will remove the need for laborious sample setup, provide a technology-agnostic suite, and shorten sample processing time from hours to seconds. We believe our tech is the next step in unlocking the hospital of the future and will accelerate medical research by decades.
You'll join a team of innovative thinkers who love to experiment, collaborate, and win together. We are passionate about pushing the boundaries of automation, biology, computing, robotics, design, and user experience to benefit our customers and the world.
**Please do not apply if you don't have marketing experience in the genomics/life sciences industry**
Reporting to the Head of Commercial Strategy and working closely with Product Management and Operations, the Marketing Manager will play a key role in growing the Volta brand and product revenue through thoughtfully planned and efficiently executed marketing initiatives and activities. We are seeking an energetic and self-motivated individual with a successful track record in the genomics/life sciences industry and a passion and aptitude for multi-channel marketing.
- Develop, manage and execute (as appropriate) strategic and tactical multi-channel marketing plans, budgets and campaigns, including product launch plans, campaigns and packages to grow brand awareness and revenue while maximizing customer experience and satisfaction.
- Help provide branding oversight and ensure that the company brand is maintained efficiently and consistently across all visuals and tools. This includes managing the company’s library of brand assets and marketing assets, ensuring appropriate sharing, permissions, and version control.
- Collaborate with Product Management, content creators, designers, and service providers to plan, guide and create collateral, marketing assets, training materials and sales tools as needed to support marketing campaigns and events.
- Manage the company website, working with internal and external stakeholders, content creators, designers, and service providers.
- Work with Commercial Leadership and content creators to develop and execute social media plans and manage all company social media accounts/sites .
- Assist with corporate communications and press releases.
- Develop the annual trade show and events (incl. webinars/seminars) schedule. Act as the primary point of contact with event organizers, and manage arrangements for trade shows and events – including interactions with contractors/service providers as needed and on-site event support.
- Develop appropriate and measurable KPIs to track and help optimize ROI.
- Maintain knowledge of the trends and competitive activity relevant to NGS and Genomics markets, or other assigned markets.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Very strong focus on customer and customer experience, and understanding of customer behavior in response to marketing tactics.
- A good understanding of NGS sample prep workflows.
- Maintain knowledge and awareness of trends and competitive activity in NGS sample prep, genomics and automation markets.
- Continually identify and use new and innovative digital marketing tools to achieve marketing objectives and KPIs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills. Good eye for design, style and grammar.
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail and ability to prioritize and multitask.
- Highly collaborative and able to work well within multidisciplinary teams and a matrixed environment.
- Self-motivated and thrives in a fast-paced team environment, proactive team player who thinks ahead, plans, and focuses on solutions rather than problems.
- Continuous learner with a growth mindset.
- Embraces Volta’s Operating Principles.
- Ability to travel up to 20% of time.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or a related discipline.
- 3+ years’ experience in a product marketing/marketing management role at a genomics/life sciences company.
- Proven experience with digital marketing and digital publishing tools.
This is a full-time position that requires a significant amount of in-person work and collaboration onsite at our Seaport Office in Boston, MA. If you are unable to relocate or commute to the Boston MA area, this role won't be a match.
Our Benefits and Perks:
Robust Equity Program, to build future wealth through stock options with high growth potential
Comprehensive Healthcare Coverage, including Medical, Dental, & Vision
HSA, FSA, and Sponsored Commuter Benefit Plans
Access to Our 401K Plan, to save for your future
12 Weeks of Paid Parental Leave
Paid Time Off, because we understand the importance of time off for rest and adventure
11 Paid Holidays
Twice Weekly Company Lunches, office snacks, beverages, & treats
Monthly Team Happy Hours and regular team outings
We are an equal opportunity employer and foster diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, and we actively seek out and value diverse backgrounds and experiences.
Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself positively contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of bio-automation!